Alfred von Oppenheim Center for European Policy Studies
The Alfred von Oppenheim Center offers analysis, counsel, and debate on issues related to the future of European integration, the EU’s capacity to act, European foreign and security policy, and German policy on Europe. Given the ramifications of the Eurozone and migration crises, the rise of euroskeptic parties, and increasing fragmentation and division among member states, close attention must be paid to the current debate within Europe on the future of the EU27 – particularly to the perspectives of its southern countries.
- Development of the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy, as well as the EU’s security and defense policy
- German policy on Europe, Germany’s role in the EU
- Underlying questions related to European integration
- European policy of the South EU Summit countries
- Political, constitutional, and institutional questions concerning Brexit
- European policy on migration, asylum, and refugees