France/Franco-German Relations Program
The program on France/Franco-German relations focuses on French foreign and European policy, as well as its impact on Europe as a whole. Special attention is paid to the role of Franco-German relations. Emphasis is also placed on French domestic politics and how they influence other European countries.
Relations between Germany and France in the context of European policy are of particular interest. Consequently, the program aims to identify options for Franco-German cooperation in the EU and sees itself as a mediator between German and French perspectives and positions on issues of European policy. Several times each year, the program organizes expert meetings of its regular discussion groups on France and Franco-German relations.
- Franco-German cooperation in the EU following the European elections of 2019
- Political implementation of the Franco-German Treaty of Aachen
- France’s role in foreign and security policy
- Political landscape and parties in France in the run-up to municipal elections in 2020
- Role of reconciliation in international relations