The program on France/Franco-German relations focuses on French foreign and European policy, as well as its impact on Europe as a whole. Special attention is paid to the role of Franco-German relations. Emphasis is also placed on French domestic politics and how they influence other European countries.
Relations between Germany and France in the context of European policy are of particular interest. Consequently, the program aims to identify options for Franco-German cooperation in the EU and sees itself as a mediator between German and French perspectives and positions on issues of European policy. Several times each year, the program organizes expert meetings of its regular discussion groups on France and Franco-German relations.
- French presidential and parliamentary elections 2022
- Opportunities and challenges for the French EU Council Presidency 2022
- The French position in European, foreign and security policy
- Franco-German relations and implementation of the Aachen Treaty
- Franco-German cross-border cooperation
- Franco-German parliamentary diplomacy (Franco-German Parliamentary Assembly)