The Asia program focuses on the foreign and security policy priorities of individual actors in the region, analyzes existing conflict dynamics, and outlines possible approaches from the perspectives of conflict management and multilateral cooperation. Active exchange with regional actors and multi-track dialogue round out the program’s research activity. In addition, the Asia program examines the role – and meaning – of German and European foreign and security policy in regional developments.
- Regional security in Northeast Asia: Trends and approaches for a new security architecture
- Chinese foreign and security policy
- Regional security in Southeast Asia and South Asia
- Trends and new approaches to conflict management on the Korean peninsula – and Europe’s role
- China’s One Belt Road initiative: trends and obstacles
- China’s role in the Middle East and Africa