DGAP’s library and information center houses one of the oldest specialty collections on foreign and security policy in Germany. Its holdings date from 1945 and contain more than 200 national and international journals, over 85,000 books, and numerous electronic publications. These materials, which form the heart of DGAP’s information infrastructure, are also accessible to its members and an interested public.
The holdings of DGAP’s library and information center can be researched online. They include the database of World Affairs Online (WAO), which provides access to more than one million titles in the fields of international relations and area studies – 100,000 of which in full text. One of Europe’s largest databases of social science literature, WAO is maintained by the Information Network International Relations and Area Studies, a cooperation of ten independent German research institutes.
- Searches for literature in the digital catalog of World Affairs Online (WAO)
- On-site use of DGAP’s holdings in its reading room (copying facilities are available)
- Commissioned research by the library team in its print and online holdings (free for DGAP members/12 euro for non-members)
Opening hours of reading room:
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:30 am–6:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:30 am–4:30 pm
- Friday through Monday: closed